About This Blog

So it's got to that point... that point when your adventures in the kitchen are getting so ridiculous that your friends say, 'I know... you should start a blog!'

Well here it is. A collection of my favourite recipes, my own recipes and all things food that resonate. Enjoy!

Thursday 18 January 2018

Mango Veggie Burgers!

Perhaps this is becoming quite a favourite of mine, but as I eat mostly veggie, burgers are always a winning choice! I've been enjoying mango rather a lot lately, perhaps I'm missing all the wonderfully fruity flavours of my trip to Bali earlier this year... well, whatever it is, it's doing wonders in the kitchen. So here we have it, mango veggie burgers, inspired by my brothers love for mango guacamole. Super simple and super delicious...
















Ingredients:

1 onion
3 carrots, grated
1 tin kidney beans
1 mango, well chopped
bunch coriander, chopped
chilli
1 lime, juice + zest
salt to taste
flour

Gently fry the onions until soft, add the carrots for a good few minutes to soften aswell. Mash the kidney beans then stir into the mix with the chopped mango, cooking for a few more minutes as you bind it together with the lime, coriander, chilli + salt to your taste.

The lime makes the mix a little wet so cook out the juice a little then as you roll into burgers pat through a little flour to help absorb and give a strong edge for frying. Juice up you ran with some coconut oil and fry until golden!

Serve with a healthy portion of guacamole :D

No comments:

Post a Comment